Monday, March 17, 2008

Max....continued

My mom has a saying, "If it's funny later, it's funny now." I am really trying to incorporate that into my life, especially concerning Max. Hopefully these moments will give you a laugh. I am still trying to laugh about a couple.

The other day I was upstairs for a minute and the kids were coloring at the table. I came down to blue marker all over the table. I sighed and got the wipes and told Max to start scrubbing. As we are scrubbing Max says, "I'm sorry I wrote on the chair Mom." My heart dropped as I looked over and sure enough, I had a blue chair. Thank goodness for laminate.
A few minutes later I was giving Malia a bottle and as I finish and go into the kitchen I see that he has moved the chair next to the counter, got out the scissors and proceeded to cut up a paper I had with some phone numbers on it, an envelope with a check in it, and his brand new tie that I had just bought him the night before. As I am cleaning up the minuscule little pieces of paper that are covering the counter and floor I look over and he is coloring on the chair again with a ball point pen. Well, I had had it and so I put him in time out for a few minutes to think about what he had done. When I got him off, I sat him on my lap and asked him why he was put in time-out. "Because I hit Ally."
I give up.

Later (as he was climbing the pantry) he found the shaker filled with those tiny little balls to decorate cookies. He decided to take them up to Ally's bed and decorated her bed with the whole bottle.
I think he decided there was something to this because the next day Ally was sleeping on the couch. He got a hold of some salad seasoning in a shaker bottle. You can see it coming can't you? He decorated Ally this time.

5 comments:

Lisa K said...

I love your Max stories! I need to come and visit ya'll because last time I saw Max he was Malia's age!

Sh'Nell said...

Emma, you will be stronger and much more patient than the rest of us after being given the opportunity to parent Max. Good luck on laughing now!

Jonathan Osorio said...

Hey Kyrk and Emma! It's so great to see your blogspot and catch up with the latest happenings. It was absolutely hillarious to read about a day in the life of Max! Our little Ethan seems to be right behind following his footsteps....any pointers? You might find it interesting to check out our little site: jonathanjeni.blogpsot.com

Shanne said...

Too funny! I have been wondering about your March 6th post. Did all that stuff happen in one day? Neither of my boys have done things like this so if you ever have another boy don't get too scared. Although maybe you should because I'm sure Max could teach a little brother some awesome tricks! Love ya!

Niki said...

I agree with Sh'Nell on this one.. You are the greatest. I don't think my patience level will ever be as high as yours!

Love you guys.