Friday, October 22, 2010

St George

For UEA we headed down to St. George. We have actually never done more than just wave as we have driven past, so it was nice to visit. Kyrk did a century ride on Sat. so we decided to make a weekend out of it. Thanks to our friend Josh, we were able to have lodging (he pulled some strings at the timeshare-there were no openings but he works there! Stay tuned and I'll show you what we ended up in).

We had a lot of fun going to Snow Canyon. Short fun hikes for the kids, okay I wasn't too bummed about the short hikes, especially since I ended up carrying Malia a lot of the time.



Jenny's slot canyon.

Lots of fun cracks and holes to play in.
Ally wanted to try taking a picture.

We found some shade to have a picnic.

Kami fell asleep so we had to rig the car so that Kyrk could leave the backpack on between the hikes.

Like I said, thanks to Josh, we got to stay in the Presidential Suite. Ooh,la,la! These pics don't really do it justice. I was trying to live it up because that's not going to be happening again soon. And the best part??? I don't have to clean it!

The kids spent so much time in the pool I thought they might grow gills.
Yeah Kyrk and Amber! 105 miles!
I just don't honestly get why people would do this to themselves. They are lying on the ground groaning afterward talking about how they want to die and then at dinner they are discussing the next one! Go for it, I'll be the cheerleader on the side line. Kyrk has to push me on the back when I go up a hill. I tried to go as hard as I could on a bike and I think I hit 17 mph. When we go on family bike rides I make Kyrk pull the stroller with 3 kids in it- then I can mostly keep up. I would so much rather run up a hill then lug a bike up one. I have never been competitive (I don't think UNO counts) so I guess I just don't get the whole adrenaline thing. My stomach rolls and I'm pretty sure my face turns green when Kyrk comes home and tells me he hit 62 mph going down hill. My response is always, "Don't you love me?" We went and upped our life insurance. I figure if I have to live a lonely, sad life I might as well be rich.

Here come Jeff and Josh.

You would think this would be Daddy after 6 1/2 hrs on the bike.

We stopped by the beautiful St. George temple on the way out of town.

No comments: