Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On the road again

We took the kids skiing for the first time. They had a lot of fun but got a little cold by the end. We love it that Alta does free skiing after 3:00. We took them up and did two runs (they are long). They were done and WE were done! Snowplowing down the hill with a kid in between your legs is almost torture. Our thighs were on fire! We had a blast though. Max just wanted to go faster and faster. When I was taking him down he said, "Mom, these skis don't jump!" That is a little scary.



What a nightmare! We got some new furniture and it was packaged in styrofoam. Not just any styrofoam but styrofoam that falls into a billion pieces at the touch of a hand. Needless to say, my children had the time of their lives building and "fixing" with a screwdriver. But I did not have quite as much fun vacuuming 7 times and dumping the bag out 3 times to get it all up.

This stuff was so staticy(?) that it was sticking to everything...and everyone.

Malia loves Ranch dressing. Nasty. We have to use the bottle and then hide it or she will just point at it and scream until she gets more.


Hilary and I made what seems to be an annual winter trip to Spokane in January. We had so much fun and we love to go home because Nana, Scott Grandpa, Abby and Bethany are amazing. It seems like I barely even see my children because they are off here or there on outings. Bethany is Ally's personal hero, and right now Ally is in the process of growing her hair down to her bottom to be just like Bethany. Oh joy. I told her I was making a chart and if she cried 10 times while I was brushing, shampooing, or styling her hair we were cutting it. That didn't go over too well.


We only got to see Grandma and Grandpa Wright for one day before they were off to Vegas but boy did the kids have fun! Malia was having a hard time going to anyone but Grandpa just worked his magic and she went straight to him.



Malia is finding something fun while Grandpa is otherwise occupied.

Ally and Audrey in the hot tub. Hil has a lot of these same pics on her site.


Who says only my brothers can wrestle?


Out on the frozen lake.

Scott Grandpa would pull these two around with the stick all over. They thought it was so fun to slide across the ice. Malia loved the ice, I put her in between my legs and she would slide as I tried to walk. Every time I picked her up she would cry. I came really close to falling on my face, with Malia in my arms, but I caught myself. This seems to happen a lot to me. I lose my balance all the time, but hardly ever fall. Does that mean I'm clumsy or have good balance?!?

You just have to want to kiss those huge cheeks!

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

So cute I just love all your kids chubby cheecks!

Handsfullmom said...

I hate styrofoam, too.

And can you and your sister look more alike? You are both beautiful.