Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's tradition

We made daddy a bouquet. Not of flowers... Max helped dip the strawberries in chocolate, but I think more found it's way into his mouth than on the strawberries.

Now, I know it's not amazing.... but who really cares? It's from the kids and it's for a guy! I guarantee all he'll see is the food. (He did appreciate the work and said, "This is the best bouquet I've ever seen!")

This is the part that has been our tradition for the last 3 years. We cut out a bunch of hearts and go get some tacky decorations. We go to his work and fill his car with candy and all the other things we have. This year I got red, feathered hand-cuffs and put them on the rear view mirror. heehee.
The best part is, we spend the morning writing on the hearts all the reasons that we love daddy. Malia found the candy and was opening it and eating it almost as fast as we could put it out. She had chocolate everywhere! I didn't know what was better though because before that she just kept pulling off all the hearts. At least the candy kept her busy.

Little did we know that daddy and a bunch of co-workers were watching out the window of the kitchen. I bet they got a laugh when I had to go chasing a balloon half way across the parking lot that escaped out the door. Not only that, but on the way back to the car, I lost it again and had to go after it again!

2 comments:

McGuire's said...

What fun traditions! I love that they were watching!

Handsfullmom said...

What a great idea to leave presents in Kirk's car! I'm going to have to remember that. We were a bit pathetic about celebrating Valentines this year.

I'm adding you to my blog roll so I can keep up with you better. I can't believe how big your kids are getting.