Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy B-day Malia!

Malia Nellie
This year has gone by so fast and we love watching Malia grow and learn. She is so cute and loves to cuddle, but watch out, she does have a little attitude! Malia loves to eat and lets us know when she is done by the food that is suddenly covering the walls and floor around her highchair. She really wants to be one of the big kids and toddles around after her brother and sister all day. She loves being outside and if the door is ever open, she goes as fast as she can to get free, or she will almost leap out of my arms. We have avoided many near dropping experiences. She ducks her head into my shoulder when strangers are near and is our best sleeper by far. Malia sounds like a monkey when she wants something and her favorite something would probably have to be popsicles. She loves it when daddy comes home and gives the best hugs. She is very happy and one can't help but laugh when she does. I love being her mom.
I have recently been thinking about how busy our lives are and how it's the simple things in life that bring the most joy. I think the times that I have felt heaven the closest is when I look into my children's eyes, when they are excited and telling me about something, when I am rocking them to sleep, when I watch them laugh, or see them play with their daddy. That's what life is all about.

These are some of my favorites.








for her b-day, we got her a baby and some baby bottles, the only problem was that SHE wanted the bottles! She kept switching back and forth getting a little frustrated when nothing was coming out.




Trying to share her cake. Thanks, but no thank you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? One year? I almost don't believe it. But I guess it has to be true! :0) Your beautiful babies are growing fast! I love the pictures of Ally with her princess-esque hairdo. She looks so grown up going to school! I really miss Utah and especially being in Primary with you and Julie and Kristen. I keep the little picture you made (Gratitude is the memory of the heart) out in my kitchen and I love seeing it daily. Hope you're doing great!