Saturday, October 24, 2009

Update

Kambria's first bath

A field trip to HeeHaw Farms for Max's preschool. They have a huge slide that the kids love!


This might have been Max's favorite part.

They have horse tire swings this year.



They had a little petting zoo. We were laughing so hard because Malia was yelling at the donkey but her yells really sounded like a donkey braying so it sounded like she was trying to talk to it. Everyone around thought it was hysterical.

Malia started chasing the chickens and thought it was really fun until one started coming toward her... then she ran for her life.

Hayride. Since I had just had the baby 9 days previous I opted to not venture out on the wagon that had 3 pieces of hay to sit on that was going down the pot-holed dirt road. I started hurting just thinking about it.

Grandma Wright came to visit! While she was here we picked and peeled apples, cleaned my house and refinished my bathroom cupboards. Thanks for all your help!
Yes, Max still has the size sticker on his shirt. Unfortunately, he thinks they are cool and won't take it off. Fortunately, they only last until the first time I wash them.

The girls are so excited to help give Kambria her first full bath. Maybe a little too excited as Kami got drenched a few times. Kami was a really good sport.

Picking apples. Since I am absolutely HORRIBLE at canning and everything I can turns out going bad, I have resorted to freezing my apples. We use our peeler, slicer, corer tool (whoever invented that is pure genius) and throw them in ziplock bags. I love it. Fresh applesauce, apple pancakes or apple cobbler all year round!




Grandma and Grandpa Oggie came for a visit



Max's Birthday! We celebrated a week early so Grandma Wright could be here too. Max wanted this cake because this was the half time show we saw at the rodeo. All I can say is thank goodness for Hot Wheels. Max has been fascinated and obsessed by trick motorcycling ever since we saw them this summer. He is giddy over this cake. A bullet bike is not exactly right, but I had to work with what I could find!



Now for the real reason we had Max's birthday early... Daddy couldn't wait to give Max his present. Kyrk picked the race track out and was so excited. He is happy that Max is getting to an age where he can play with Max's toys too. It was too bad it didn't work very well and we had to end up taking it back.

2 comments:

Thayerclan said...

cutest kids ever!! Happy Birthday Max and Kambria is a doll :) Hope you're feeling good Emma!

Brian and Monica said...

Hi Emma, Happy b-day to the big brother and congrats on baby Kambria. She is beautiful and will have lots of cousins to play with at the lake.