Friday, October 9, 2009

Kambria Kay

We welcomed Kambria into our home and our hearts on September 29, 2009.
10:15 P.M.
7 lbs. 15 oz.
19 inches



I woke up on Tuesday morning at 5:00 with contractions. They were about 6 min. apart so I figured today was the day. After laying in bed for an hour and a half I got up took a shower and packed a hospital bag, only to have the contractions slow way down. So all day long I was watching the clock as they were 45 min, 20 min, an hour, 5 min. apart. They were really random but then afternoon came and they started coming pretty hard, by dinner time I was having to stop and breath through each contraction- they were about 5 min. apart. I was ready to go in. I thought that my contractions weren't this hard when I went in with Max and I was a 7.5 with him so I thought I better go. I got there and she tells me I'm a 4. Excuse me? I was a 4 a week ago at the doctors! She monitored me for an hour and then sent me home and told me to come back when they were 2-3 min. apart. By the time I got to the car my contractions were killing but I was not going to turn around and go back- I felt so stupid. I went home and cried through monstrous contractions for an hour. I kept thinking that I would have had an epidural by now! They were still 5 min apart and I didn't care- I went back in and I was at an 8. My doctor was there in a couple of min. and I had to wait to push till Kyrk ran down and got the camera out of the car. They gave me a spinal block and it kicked in for the last two pushes. All turned out wonderful and we have a beautiful baby girl but I still don't really like that nurse very well.

8 comments:

Thayerclan said...

Congrats! Number 4! oh boy!! She's beautiful :)

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Oh, my...that was SO ADORABLE I can barely stand it!!! What a gorgeous little cutie and a beautiful family! Congratulations! We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful...all your kids are! I can't believe how your family's grown since we were neighbors. Congrats!

Roseanne said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie! I want to cry watching that cute montage. So sweet!

McGuire's said...

Congratulations!! 4 kids, your family looks huge! I loved the video. So sweet. She's a doll.

Sh'Nell said...

I love your creative touch! Your kids are adorable.

Hilary said...

That was so awesome. Made me cry...thanks! :)

Sara LaClaire said...

she is a beauty! congratulations. :D