Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ongoing Anniversary

Yesterday was our 10 year anniversary! It seems like forever ago and just yesterday at the same time....



We have kind of had an ongoing celebration. In April my wonderful sister and amazing mom took our children and we went to Maui for a week- by ourselves. The timing just worked out better for April.

I have never experienced such a relaxing time in my life before. We woke up everyday, made breakfast and ate out on the lanai, took a walk on the beach, took a nap, went and layed out on the beach, went to shows and luaus, we just did whatever we wanted without any obligations or pressure to hurry.... I don't know if I've ever experienced that to the extent that we did. Wow, what a wonderful time!

This is up on Haleakala (not sure if I spelled that right). It is a volcano on Maui. We had to get up at 2:30 in the morning to get there to watch the sunrise. It was absolutely freezing and very cloudy so the shot above was about the most color that we saw. It was still gorgeous and you feel like you are on top of the world.

Sooo... we couldn't very well not do anything for our actual anniversary! So we took the kids and went down to Las Vegas for a couple of days. We played in the pool and took them to Circus Circus, where luckily we came home with 7 more stuffed animals, because we don't have enough around here. Kyrk and I went to a show at night while Kyrk's brother, Reed, who lives down there, watched the kids for us.
Poor Kyrk. He is the best dad I could ever imagine. Ally is now into aquatic dancing I guess. She made Kyrk dance with her in the pool, doing all kinds of lifts and spins. Not his first choice unless he is behind closed curtains. But here he is, because of his love, dancing with Ally in a very populated pool. Like I said, he gets the best dad award.

But, that wasn't on the DAY of our anniversary, so Mom babysat while we went out to dinner on the 22nd. :) I think we are done with the celebrations, at least the ones you get to hear about.


2 comments:

Sh'Nell said...

Happy anniversary. I did think about you two yesterday! I'm looking forward to our 10th and a trip to Hawaii with you guys.

Minta said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys really know how to party! I bet it was so fun to get away first just the two of you (to Hawaii...how awesome!) and then with the family! Your family is too cute! I love how Ally had Kyrk dance with her in the water. Too funny!